Sure, there are other online communities out there, other blogs, and other homeschool services. So, why us?
1. We focus on two-way communication. That is, we want this to be your place. You tell us what you need, and we’ll provide it. We have plans to do this is a number of ways:
Socialize: The Homeschool Co-op Network
More than a forum, Socialize functions like a combination of Facebook, Meet-up & a Yahoo List-serv.
- You can join & create groups, open discussions, and send private messages to other members
- You can contribute your own expertise, and share your thoughts & feelings on home learning
- You can simply read, and take it all in
- We’ll add stimulating topics for discussion
- We’ll provide authoritative information & research
- We’ll always accept feedback & suggestions from members
- Socialize is also password protected, which makes it a safer, more comfortable place to share the ins and outs of your family’s very personal journey with homeschooling
- We’ll share our expertise in the form of video presentations, written courses and tailor-made services for individuals.
- You can do the same! If you have a specialty, interest or skill you’d like to share with other members, you can use this space to host your own members workshops.
- We’ll write about your family, and other families like yours!
- You can read about them on our blog, newsletter and (coming soon) quarterly magazine
- You can share your life with others through Socialize, our member galleries, and member blog list
- We can provide you with authoritative, interesting, and organized information
- We can search for what you need, and we can find it!
- We can curb information overload by making the information we do provide relevant, easily accessible and less overwhelming.
- We’ll provide more than links.
- We know the information needs of kids (and their parents, too!)
- We are a brand new community, with great potential for growth.
- Your early input can build this community into the kind of place you need it to be.
- We are learning, too, and are excited to develop with you.
- All inaugural members get a free one-year membership, so there’s no risk.
Join us, and let’s learn, connect and inspire each other!